The base for the recipe is almond flour, coconut oil and almond butter. These are perfect for the kiddos as a healthier snack when you are on the go or for school events. My favorite is to dip them in almond milk after dinner.
I think you will enjoy these treats because they are:
easy to make
free of refined sugar
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Ready In:
Tender, healthy chocolate chip cookies with almond butter, coconut oil, almond flour and chocolate chips. One bowl and nine ingredients. Adapted from Minimalist Baker
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbs almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- To a large mixing bowl, add coconut oil, coconut sugar, almond butter, egg, salt and baking powder and whisk to combine
- Add almond flour and coconut and mix again. it should appear doughy
- Stir in chocolate chips, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once chilled, scoop out rounded tablespoons of dough and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press down to flatten.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Remove from the oven and let rest on pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the freezer for one month