Did you say Chocolate?? I’ve got my favorite NL Berry and Nut Rocky Road Bars just for you. My chocolate cravings are in full force right now. I am not sure if it is because of the holidays or just my typical chocolate cravings. Either way I always like to create something new and fun to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Did I say this Rocky Road recipe is a healthier version- no sugar, gluten free, dairy free and still delicious! The berries and nuts, instead of marshmallows and candy are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 heathy fats! That is a win, win for me!! Over here at NL, we are about eating whole foods and NOT about deprivation. So enjoy this treat- that Golden Goddess in you deserves it after all the holiday shopping, cooking and wrapping.
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Cacao Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- ½ Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- ¼ cup Pecans or Cashews, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Raspberries
- ½ cup Blackberries
- Shredded Coconut, Sliced Almonds, Chocolate Chips and Hazelnuts to garnish (1-2 Tbsp. of Each)
- Melt the chocolate chips, coconut oil, cacao butter, and coconut butter together in a bowl over a double boiler. As they start to melt, add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk them together until they are well combined and set the mixture aside.
- Pour the nuts into the chocolate mixture and mix to combine. Gently fold in the berries. Pour the mixture into a small rectangular pan lined with parchment. Freeze the mixture for 2 hours, then remove the rocky road block. Allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes, then cut the rocky road into slices or cubes. Store in the freezer to keep the berries fresh.
Let me know your thoughts on my favorite no-bake treat. Did you add anything different to the recipe?
Love and Light,