The ultimate breakfast bowl for gut health, built on the four pillars of Golden Goddess eating habits. To start your day with a powerful, tasty meal, look no further!
This is super easy to assemble, chock full of hearty ingredients, and is sure to give you the high quality fuel you need to attack the day. A bit of Halloumi cheese provides calcium as well, along with the anti-inflammatory benefits of fermented veggies, making this breakfast bowl about as nutrient-dense and diverse as it gets!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces Halloumi cheese, sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup fermented vegetablesBlack sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place the eggs in a pot of boiling water and simmer for 6 –7 minutes. Transfer toa bowl of ice water for 2 minutes, then peel and halve.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the kale and cook, tossing frequently, till slightly wilted. Transfer to a serving bowl. Return skillet to the stove top and add the halloumi slices. Cook, turning once, till golden brown on both sides (about 3 –4 minutes per side).
- Remove cheese from the skillet and let cool slightly.Add the cheese, avocado and fermented vegetables to the kale and gently toss to distribute.
- Divide between 2 bowls or plates, drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.