Remarkably simple to make – and quick – this microwave mini almond bread recipe is an alternative to store bought bread, high in fiber, rich in protein, and has far less sugar than most of the things you find on the shelf.
It makes just enough for a small meal or sizable snack, and you can enjoy the toppings suggested – or any of your other favorite (healthy) foods. It’s perfect with avocado, but have fun experimenting for your own twist on this healthy staple.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: almond butter and sliced banana, avocado sprinkled with lime juice and flaky sea salt
- Whisk eggs, oil and milk in a small bowl. Add remaining ingredients and whisk again till smooth. Divide batter between 2 small ramekins or mugs(about 8-ounce capacity).
- Microwave each for 90 seconds. Turn out onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Slice each bread in half to make two circles. Toast if desired and top with your choice of toppings.