https://nourishinglab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/NLroastedveggiebowls-8710-e1548198766875.jpg 400 600 Melissa https://nourishingl.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/NourishingLab-SecondaryLogo-TransparentBackground.png Melissa2019-04-06 13:54:022019-05-28 23:49:08NL Roasted Vegetables with Tahini Dressing
A healthy, savory treat full of glorious greens, this roasted veggie recipe includes serving on a bed of vitamin-rich arugula, and of course, tahini sauce – rich in healthy fats! Roasting the veggies won’t take much time, resulting in a delicious, nutritious meal that will have your taste buds celebrating!
NL Roasted Vegetables with Tahini Dressing
Recipe Type: Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free
- 2 medium Parsnips, cut into 1/2” rounds
- 3 Large Carrots, cut into 1/2” rounds
- 1/2 lb. Brussel Sprouts, halved
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1.5 Tbsp. Fat/Oil of Choice (I used Olive Oil)
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
- Tahini Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1.5 Tbsp. Tahini
- 1/2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Water to thin
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice the parsnips, carrots and brussel sprouts. Toss the vegetables in olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder and a good pinch of salt. Lay the vegetables on one or two parchment covered sheet pans so they are not touching. Be sure to lay the brussels sprouts cut side down. Roast for about 20 minutes, then flip over the carrots and parsnips. Continue roasting the brussels until both sides are golden (about 10-15 more minutes, depending on their size). Roast the carrots and parsnips for an additional 15-20 minutes or so until at least one side is golden.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the tahini sauce. Mix together the lemon juice and tahini. Add water in small quantities until the tahini reaches your desired consistency. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the pan from the oven and toss the vegetables with chopped parsley. Arrange the roasted vegetables on a bed of baby arugula and top with the tahini sauce.