This pretty simple spiralized zucchini treat that looks great, tastes wonderful, and provides you with a great source of fiber. Zucchini is known to promote weight loss, strengthen eye and heart health, work as an anti-inflammatory, and improve thyroid function.
The rest of this tasty dish, from the almonds to the garlic, the mint to the pepitas, are each chosen for their flavor, as well as their benefits – including magnesium, antioxidants, digestion aiding properties, and so much more. I know you’ll love it – and so will the Golden Goddess you have within!
- 3 medium zucchinis, scrubbed and trimmed
- 1 bunch Italian parsley,leaves and tender stems (about 1 ½ cups)
- ½ cup mint leaves, plus extrasprigs for garnish
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted and cooled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup pepitas
- Spiralize the zucchini and transfer to a large bowl –set aside.Place the parsley, ½ cup mint leaves, almonds, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse till finely chopped; scrape down the sides.
- With the processor running, slowly add the olive oil and blend till almost smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the zucchini noodles into bowls or plates –topwith some of the pesto and garnish with pepitas and mint sprigs